Monday, April 6, 2009

A physiological Study: Facial Hair and Joblessness

I am no professional therapist or psychologist, nor am I even educated in these matters. However, I have a theory:

Does the length of a man's facial hair co-inside with his work status? Furthermore, does this also indicate intra-personal stress levels?

I believe it might. Now, to be clear this does not apply to men who normally have a full grown beard because they have already chosen to grow their facial all the way out. (we can go into beards another time perhaps).

I have noticed with myself that when I am not working ( I have now been unemployed over a week) , I have no interest in keeping my face shaved any longer. Although I look like a transient, I just no longer care.

When a close friend of mine was layed-off from his place of work he also no longer shaved, and looked rather scruffy. Perhaps this only means that we no longer feel the need to 'look good' for anyone.

I now have a small neck beard, and strangely enough feel almost proud of it. I'll keep posting on this strange phenomenon. Maybe I can include a Facial Hair section of my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment