Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Road Trips

This weekend my Fiance` and I went on a Road Trip to Lancaster, Ca



View Larger Map


This made me realize that I love road trips and everything that has to do with them. I love listening to music loudly and cruising down the I-5 at 80mph. I love the food that makes you constipated, yet tastes great. I even enjoy cleaning all the bugs off the windshield every two hours. I have been fortunate enough to drive across the country twice. Of course I took different routes each time, and they both resulted in an equal amount of great stories.

For me road trips have become a tradition of sorts. When my siblings and I were younger my dad was a truck driver and occasionally he would let us tag along on his long trips to L.A. or the Bay Area or some small hole in the wall town somewhere down south. We'd often be on the road for 12 hours at a time only stopping for food and fuel. Whenever my dad went to a car auction he took all of us with him. He'd buy a car, fix it, and my Mom would drive it back with all of us split between both cars. I remember driving down dirt roads with our head sticking out of the sunroof and getting dirt caked in our mouths and eyes, yet laughing all the way home.

Traveling with friends on short road trips were even great. We'd fire up the Taurus, Earl's Video Camera and have an afternoon of great fun in the car. Later we'd head to Carl's Jr. and all get #4's with large Dr. Peppers. I still remember these great times.

My point here is: GO ON ROAD TRIPS IF YOU GET A CHANCE. They are cheap vacations, or a great escape from your daily routine. I have enjoyed every one I have ever been on, with no exceptions.

Image of the Day:


















Stumble of the Day: http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2009/04/the-bio-code-is-life-written-into-the-laws-of-physics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment