Friday, April 10, 2009

Technological Revolution

Looking at the world around me, with all of our wireless gadgets and specialized lingo I have come to the realize that I am in the middle, or perhaps the beginning of a revolution.

Just like the industrial revolution that happened over a hundred years ago, this revolution is changing
both the way we as people life and the way we fabricate the things around us.

Only slightly over a century ago we started tinkering around with cars, planes, trains, submarines, and many other main stay vehicles of the present. It seems to me the the curve that which technology increases is getting faster and faster each day that passes.

I have thought a lot about how digital media is stored today and how twenty-five years ago if you said digital media to someone they might look at you funny. We have gone from computers the size of buildings 60 years ago to microchips that are difficult to see with the human eye.

I feel both freaked out and anxious/excited at the same time about this. I always try to see technology in a positive context, however I can't ignore the possibly evil exploitations of it.


Ultimately it's how we as people decide to implement the technology we create that will shift this issue in either direction. I'm curious to see where this takes us as a whole, both personally and industrially.

WE SHALL SEE.

Image of the Day:

















Random Stumble: http://www.landoverbaptist.org/lt2.jpg (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment